Friday, July 1, 2011

Gastritis

Oh the good times that happened yesterday. I guess my stomach pain wasn't just caused by the Choco Tacos. I woke up yesterday morning with awful stomach pain. Like 100 knives were being jabbed into my gall bladder. It hurt. Bad. I was going to go to the doctor, but after 2 hours of constant pain, I gave up on waiting and went to the ER. I knew they would at least give me something for the pain.

There was no wait, which was nice. I sat there for probably 5 minutes before I got called back. Then, of course, you have to wait for the doctor to come in and violate you in ways you never want to be violated. That was probably the longest 20 minutes of my life. I was all alone, scared, worried, and in pain. 6 o clock rolled around finally so E took A to daycare so he could come be with me. Before he got there, I was already drugged up though. They gave me some zofran, protonix, and morphine. Oh the morphine was fantastic. The heavy chest I got was great... and the nasty taste in my mouth was wonderful as well. But, within a couple minutes, the pain was gone and I felt great!

I had a bunch of tests done. The best was my xray though! The tech asked if I had a stomach study or anything with contrast done recently. I hadn't, so it made me a little worried that she was asking. So, she showed me my insides! It was so cool. I saw basically my whole GI tract. I've only ever seen it in books, but I got to see MINE! It was pretty neat. Yes, I know I'm weird.

After all was said and done, it turned out to be gastritis and possibly an upper GI bleed. But I'm "young and healthy" so it should resolve itself. I get to take protonix for 14 days and go see my PCP next week. I hope it doesn't turn into anything more serious. They may want to do a GI study, which would include a scope down my throat which I am definitely not looking forward to. But, if there is something serious, I'd rather it be caught and deal with a camera down my throat.

No comments: