Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Blogging at you live from Sky Harbor today. What an exciting journey our vacation has been thus far, and we aren't even on the plane yet! We left the house a little late this morning, but still got to Brent's on time. I think this airport needs to come up with e better system for security checks with people in wheelchairs. Perhaps they should have their own line. We had the great fortune of being in the combined line of wheelers and walkers. We weren't really sure if we were cutting anyone or what was going on... It took us about 20 minutes to get through that portion of the line, after showing our boarding passes and IDs to the guy at the podium. Good times. I felt really uncomfortable taking my flippers off and walking on the nasty carpet barefoot where other people have had their disgustingly sweaty socks. Tinea pedis anyone?! No thanks! They also made me put my half ounce of hand sanitizer in a plastic ziplock bag. Seriously, you can't inspect my little bottle of hand sanitizer unless its in a plastic bag? Whatever I have to do I guess...
Now we're just sitting at the gate, waiting. Our flight isn't until 9:40, so we have quite a bit of time. Eric is in line as I write this, buying me some Cinnabon and himself a Nathan's hot dog. I personally do not think a hot dog is proper breakfast, but to each his own. I'm just glad I was able to feed my habit and get on the internet at the airport. Thank you, modern technology!

No comments: