Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some clarifications and updates

1) For us, trying to get pregnant means not preventing (ie: no birth control... or those other things). We're not trying too hard or over thinking it...
2) Eric is more than just a sperm donor.
3) There is nothing wrong with being educated about pregnancy.
4) We didn't lose our babies because we "weren't relaxed" or "didn't enjoy it" or whatever else people might say
5) Most people don't get over a loss in a week. (I can honestly say I'm still not "over" our loss in December)
6) I still love babies.
7) I'm not upset that YOU'RE pregnant; I'm upset that I'm not.

Just had to clear some stuff up for people...

In other news, school is almost over for me! Two weeks from today I get to take all of my finals and then I'm free. Never again will I take 16 credits and work full time. Never. Again. I also applied for a new position within the company; I interviewed Friday and I'll be hearing about it on May 3rd. Eric is still working away on his model boat and it looks fantastic! He is also doing very well in school, maintaining his 4.0. I am so proud of him :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

"7) I'm not upset that YOU'RE pregnant; I'm upset that I'm not."

THIS!

The Standages said...

1. Trying is different for each couple. Don't let anyone tell you "what works." It's different for everyone

2. This one just made me lol.

3. I think there is something wrong with NOT being educated about pergnancy if babies are something you want and/or have.

4. Don't listen to idiots that are telling you why you lost your babies. They don't know.

5. Everyone deals with things at their own pace. Take your time. I doubt anyone gets over any loss in just a week. And this is probably something that will stay in your heart forever...but you will heal. I promise.

6. Who doesn't love babies?

7. Don't worry about upsetting others. Just don't.

Anonymous said...

Amen to this, sister.