Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another one comes and goes...

I just finished up my study guide and quiz that was supposed to take up most of my day... It's only 1:30... Now what? I started looking at classes again, knowing that the ones I need to take are already full at every stinkin' community college in Arizona. Why do all of these people want to be nurses?? They're taking up all of my classes... I'm glad there will be a lot of them when I'm done with med school... but, seriously! I need to take some science classes... I also need to take the placement test so I can take english and math and get them out of the way. I'm actually looking forward to math, until I take the practice tests and realize that I have forgotten all of the upper level math I used to know, like logarithms and other random things. Awesome, huh? I guess it's a good thing the school gives you a window of opportunity from the last math class you took. The last one I took was MAT187 (precalc) my junior year of high school... Why did I slack off so badly senior year? Having a job was so not worth what it did to my college career... I wish I knew then what I know now. I guess that's a pretty common feeling, though.

Countdown to the final for BIO160 has begun... It's on Saturday, 8/1... I'm going to FAIL! But, I can get a 62% and end up with a B in the class... which is NOT satisfactory for me... The midterm killed my grade, and I got a C on it... EFF THAT! I studied my ass off for that midterm too... I would have got a B had I known my instructor wanted novels for the four essay questions in 45 minutes.... I used almost all of the time for the "basic" responses that I gave... I guess a B in an online biology class (anatomy and physiology no less) is something to be proud of, since most people fail or drop the class because it is too much work. Why can't I be happy about it?! Oh, right, because I'm a perfectionist...

On a happier note, Eric surprised me with a new camera last night! I have had my eye on the Canon SD780IS (in black) for months... And somehow I have "misplaced" my SD630 *tear* I think I left it at Sandi's on the 4th, but it's probably around here somewhere. I didn't come out of my office when he got home last night, I just kept on playing the Sims 3 (addictive). When he got off the phone with his mom, he called me out into the living room... and still I didn't see it, sitting on the dining room table. When I finally did, I was super excited!! I can't wait to take pictures with it!!! I love it!!! It also does HD video and has an HDMI output on it! Plus, it's tiny!!! Nice and thin, but still an amazing Canon quality camera with a DIGIC 4 processor (I know that means nothing to you... but it means everything to me).

Also, there is a new addition to the Percival family! No, I'm not pregnant! Eric's sister, Michelle, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Jeanne Nicole Moore, on the 14th! 6lbs 15oz, 20in long; she's such a doll!! I'm so excited to meet our niece on our trip to the in-laws in a couple of weeks. I guess, for now, I will have to get my baby fix from our niece and nephew, and friends' kids...

No comments: