Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's not harassment if you like it...

My goodness, this first week without facebook and twitter has been quite a doozy. I seem to be getting just as little done as I did before I went "cold turkey." The detox period was rough, but I have finally quit shaking and vomiting, and can eat three full meals again!

This week has been pretty exciting though! I have been given the wonderful task of revamping the video game section of our store. The first day I couldn't find any of the baskets or fixture pieces that I needed, but I made it work. Apparently I am doing pretty well; my boss took me out to Olive Garden for lunch yesterday for all of my hard work. It is still far from being completed, but I must say it is looking much better than it did before. Gearing up for the holidays in July is definitely a good idea.

I'm down to just one class in school, and my final is coming up on the first of August. It seemed far away until I looked at a calendar... Damn. I have quite a bit of studying to do in order to feel prepared for the final exam. I will be spending the next couple weeks making flash cards and practicing my essay questions. For the midterm, I only got half credit for the essay questions because they weren't "thorough" enough. Please tell me that 45 minutes two write four in depth essays about anatomy and physiology is reasonable? I don't think it is...

Eric and I ended up buying some Harry Potter movies on blu-ray. We started watching the first one on regular DVD and couldn't really make it more than 20 minutes in before realizing how much we needed the HD versions. This week, Best Buy has them on sale for $20, and they're packaged with $5 in concession cash! It was a pretty sweet deal! So, we bought the first four since we already have the 5th. Hopefully we will be able to hit the theater and see the new one in the next couple of weeks. My last experience at the theater, to see Transformers 2, was not really all that I had hoped for. I guess I'm just used to the experience in our home without 15 year olds jabbering the whole time.

I got a new running outfit yesterday as well! Eric says the shorts look a little funny, but I love them! It brings me back to my track days... I decided to step on the scale at the gym the other day, only to find out that I had gained a pound. Hopefully it was just my heavy clothes! I'm looking forward to running a lot more once my class is over. I also am hoping that Sandi and I will be able to do Pat's Run next year!

No comments: