Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hey, Pre-Med!

The title of this post is inspired by a group I recently joined on Facebook. Since I've decided that med school is the track I want to take, I have noticed a lot of things about myself that fall into the characteristics described on this page. My friend are always coming to me, wanting to show me their wounds or asking me to analyze their symptoms. As I study anatomy and physiology, I find that I might have a minor case of hypochondria, as I find the "symptoms" described in the homeostatic imbalance sections to fit mine. One thing this group failed to identify was the fact that almost all pre-med students are perfectionists. I have probably sent Eric about 5 text messages that say "I only got a 96% on my quiz :(" Most people would be elated with an above average grade... But there's a part of me that thinks I won't be successful in medicine unless I can get 100% on everything I do! I know it is unrealistic, but that's just how I feel.

No comments: