Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's so deep, it hurts.

I'm talking about a cardboard cut that I got at work; get your mind out of the gutter if you wanted to say "that's what she said" to the title. Or perhaps, I should get mine out of the gutter. Usually, cardboard cuts are barely worse than paper cuts. They usually sting a little bit more, but are rarely deeper than a paper cut or bleed more than a paper cut. Well, this cardboard cut came from a 10 pound box slipping out of my hand while unloading the truck on Thursday night. It didn't seem too bad, so I ran up to AP and got myself some neosporin and a band-aid to prevent the cut from getting in the way. Later on in the night, the band-aid got too sweaty from working hard and wouldn't stay on, so I took it off. At this point, I was able to fully examine my wound. This cut was DEEP... and it is right down the middle of my thumb on my left hand. Since we don't keep peroxide at work for some reason, I just put a fresh band-aid on it and messed with it when I got home. We probably poured about 3 caps full of peroxide into the cut, and it still felt like it wasn't cleaned out enough! Ouch, it stung. Then, we applied some new skin to it to close her up. Well, I woke up Friday morning and forgot that I had cut my thumb, and found myself playing with a zipper on our body pillow. Bad idea... It hurt for about 5 minutes from that... I decided that a band-aid and neosporin is a better solution than new skin... At least with a band-aid I don't forget about the cut... and it protects the wound a little better from silly things like zippers.

No comments: